23 May 2013

Spring Garden SAL


For the next month, Aurelia at Elgantine Stitchery is hosting a SAL. I really love blackwork and this design works beautifully.

I'm going to be using some different colours than the ones in the pattern, because I love doing blackwork in variegated threads! I didn't have any variegated pinks or reds, so I'm going for purples instead.


The threads I'm using are DMC 4045, 4065, 4077, 4235 and Weeks Dye Works 'Ultraviolet'.  The aida I'm using isn't quite as blue as in the photo, it's a very pale, slightly mottled blue-grey piece that I picked up a while ago.

If you fancy joining in, just click on the first picture and it will take you to the announcement post, with all the information you'll need.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this wonderful post Emma! I really appreciate it :) I think your fabric and threads are GORGEOUS, the combination of purple and yellow always make me think of pretty little violas and pansies, which are such lovely flowers! It's so exciting that you're using variegated threads, I can't wait to see how they work up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was no problem!

      I've all ready finished stitching it up, I think I'm going to do another in bolder colours as well. I'll make a post in a day or two.

      Delete
  2. Love the colours! Can't wait to see it done up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Check back soon, I've finished the stitching.

      Delete